thinking, sharing, understanding NORMAL.

Dear Komen Tissue Bank donors, volunteers, and friends, we would like to introduce our new summer interns. Please help us welcome Rachael and Ines!

RachaelHere is what Rachael would like to tell you about herself: My name is Rachael Delph and I am a summer intern here at the Komen Tissue Bank. I am a senior at IUPUI achieving a BS in psychology and a minor in philosophy. After I am done with my undergraduate, I wish to go on to Grad School to further my education in psychology.  When I am not working, I like to spend my time outdoors with my friends and family.

In the fall at a career seminar is when I stumbled across the Komen Tissue Bank staff member Amy Trullinger. She spoke of the duties she has and the goal of the KTB: to find causes and prevention of breast cancer. Immediately intrigued, I spoke to Mrs. Amy about the program. Luckily for me at the end of the school year, a message was sent by my academic advisor about an available volunteer intern position at KTB. I sent out my resume as soon as I saw it!

Here I am now helping around the office happy as can be. In any way that I can assist the staff here is without a doubt rewarding because I feel as if I am contributing to a greater cause. I look forward to obtaining a new skill set here at the KTB as I have already worked with tissue samples and DNA. This is a fun and intelligent group of women to be working with this summer and I hope to perhaps extend my services to the Fall as well! : )

InesAnd now, let’s hear from Ines: My name is Ines Tovar. I was born in Maracay, Venezuela.  My family and I decided to move to the United States in 2005 due to government problems.  It was a nightmare trying to learn a new language, culture, and get used to the weather.  But after a couple of years, that nightmare changed to a dream.  I started to join school clubs like Robotics and Student Council and I was offered amazing opportunities.  In high school, I had the opportunity to travel to St. Louis for a Robotics match. I was also rewarded a scholarship that paid almost all of my tuition. This proves that hard work does pay off!

I am currently attending Ivy Tech Community College to study Cyber Security.  I plan to graduate next year and then transfer to IU to get my bachelor’s degree. I have loved computers since I was 3 years-old.  My parents owned a Cyber Café in Venezuela, which is a place where people would come and pay to use the computer or make a phone call.  Some people had no clue how to use it and I would be the one that would help them out. Everyone would be impressed because I was only 3 years-old. Now that I am 19 years-old, my passion for computers is stronger than ever.

I love to exercise, travel, and hang out with my family.  I try to go to the gym every day or at least do some kind of exercise.  I love to travel as much as I can.  I have been to a couple states but my goal is to travel to every state in the United States by the time I am 24.  My family means a lot to me and I would do anything for them.  I have three sisters and one brother.  We are very close and I would rather hang out with them than anyone else.

I heard about the Komen Tissue Bank from Indiana Latino Institute.  I will be interning in the office this summer.  I am excited for this new experience and to be a part of KTB!

WE HEARTILY WELCOME YOU, RACHAEL AND INES! The KTB Staff is very much looking forward to spending the summer with these two great young ladies.

Please leave your comments below. Your journal entry should appear on this page within 24 hours of submitting.

Subscribe to our Blog!

Name:

Categories